Implementation checklists are a list of practical steps you can take to support the implementation of an evidence-based practice in your setting.
This checklist focuses on implementing a focused classroom.
- established and explicitly taught positive rules for learning?
- developed routines that signal to students when learning is ready to begin and how learning will happen?
- organised my classroom to promote on task behaviour so that learning routines can be embedded consistently?
- explicitly taught the verbal and non-verbal cues about the rules and
routines for learning to my students so that they can regulate themselves?
- set learning goals for my students that are both ambitious but achievable? (Consult your formative assessment data and mastery learning objectives to help with this)
- explored various options for participation that enable all students to participate in class activities? (for example, different types of grouping).
Keywords: classroom management, engagement, disruption, disruptive behaviour