This methodology outlines the processes the Australian Education and Research Organisation (AERO) used to collect and analyse data for national research snapshots on:
- Evidence use in early childhood education and care
- Use of evidence-based practices in early childhood education and care.
This includes AERO’s methodology for conducting:
- a quantitative survey of Australian early childhood education and care (ECEC) educators, teachers and leaders
- a rapid review of existing literature on evidence use in ECEC services in Australia
- semi-structured interviews with Australian ECEC educators, teachers and leaders
- an analysis of the Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority’s National Quality Standards dataset.
Keywords: educational datasets, data analysis